Saturday, March 7, 2009

Food Storage

Yeah, we finally went to get some more food storage today in Reno, that was a big shopping trip and required renting a trailer from UHaul. We now have a year of all of the basics and we are going to the cannery at the end of the month to get more wheat and dry milk, because the dry milk is best there and way cheaper then Costco. The kids think it is funny and too noisy when I grind wheat but I love it. I love the smell of it. I am excited that we are doing really good with using it and replenishing it also. Now to make sure I can most of the garden this year. That's always fun and I need to make sure I make more jam this year and I think we will be set!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I am so jealous!!!!
I want a years worth!
I need help.

Anonymous said...

Good for you, Christine! Woo hoo!

Danielle said...

oh my gosh you were able to go and get a years worth in one swoop- wowzers I am jealous....

hi - I know we have never really met but we have mutual friends - I am just blog surfing for my sunday afternoon activities LOL

Christine Duerksen said...

Hi Danielle. Yeah, we were able to get quite a bit this year. We try to buy a big lot with every tax return and we were able to get the majority of it this year. I do need to make some more jam because we go through a lot of it and they only eat strawberry so I got to get on that.