Saturday, June 13, 2009

We are home!

Well the trip to Chico was quite an event. On our way out of town we found out that my sister in law (who was pregnant with twins) would be having a c-section in the morning, so we were way excited to know that the babies would be born soon. We love Hwy 32, it's so green but way to curvy, way too much for a baby in the back. Five miles outside of Chico, he had enough and threw up all over the back of the car. Way to break it in. We pulled over, cleaned up the mess and changed his clothes to be greeted with such a happy smiling child. We get to the hotel so happy that we had a clean nice room and even more thrilled that they had laundry services and free soap and dryer sheets. We decided to go to dinner first and then go back to the hotel and clean the car seat up. I forgot that I needed to go to Costco just about the time they closed. Oh well I could just go tomorrow, I thought. We went to bed early, but since I don't sleep well in strange places I fell asleep about 12:30-1:00am. My husbands weekly alarm on his phone went off at 3:30 and I was up for the day. Not good, because I am grumpy when tired. We leave for the surgery center at 6am. Aiden was actually in a good mood considering it was really early and that he could not eat or drink when he got up. We got to the surgery center and they did their thing of getting him prepped. He was starting to get antsy and nervous so they gave him medicine to call him down. We were laughing so hard, he was high as a kite. He was just laughing at everything and then when it can time for him to go back he went to the nurse and off he went. I went back to the hotel to check us out and to get breakfast. I was gone about 25 minutes and when I can back, Aiden was already out of surgery. Talk about fast! I went back to recovery and he was still sleeping. He eventually woke up and he kept saying "ouchy" over and over again so they gave him some Demerol. While I was holding him while he went back to sleep and Devin went to get his prescriptions. We were on the road by 9am, so no luck of going to Costco really quick. All I needed was chicken, oh well. He slept most of the way on Hwy 32 and that is saying something because Devin was going so slow, it took about an hour and a half to get to Hwy 36. Just before Chester, Aiden says that he wants fruit snacks. I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn't have it. Everyone kept saying that he would let me know what he would want. Well he ate them and didn't have a problem. When we got home, I took Wyatt (who had stayed the night at Aunt Kim's the night before) out to lunch and to the store to get some soft foods and things to make chicken soup. When I got home, Devin tells me that Aiden had just ate a bowl of Cheerios. Nice. For dinner, he had chicken nuggets. He's actually doing pretty good. He even stayed with Aunt Misty while Devin and I went to see the new babies. They are so cute! He did start getting tired and whiney, so we left. He slept great last night and is already out for the evening. I think codine will do that to you. He was pretty ok today for not taking to much medicine. He won't drink a lot which is a big problem, he would rather eat. That's my boy, he LOVES food. But for not being on many drugs he's doing really good. He needs lots of cuddles but that is to be expected, my problem now is that I am sick. Not good. But thanks guys for those who have helped us and all your well wishes. We appreciate it.

3 comments:

Christine Duerksen said...

Wow that is one long post!

Brian and Amy Wilson said...

I am glad he is doing well. Good luck getting the medicine down - I still have no ideas! Amy

Christine Duerksen said...

Thanks. Yeah, I have been hiding it in his milk, which of course he tastes. So I threaten to give him medicine if he doesn't drink his milk, so after some coaxing, he will sit down and drink it.