Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day and Ribs!

Well, we didn't do too much because Devin usually works on holidays. This one was no different. My friend Jackie is the same way, so we got together for a BBQ at our house. Now we got daring and wanted to make Ribs. I have never made ribs and neither has she but we wanted them so we were going to cook them. I was looking up recipes for ribs but some are made in the oven, some on the grill and some in the slow cooker. Well we decided to make them in the slow cooker and finish off on the grill mainly because the grill recipes said to cook them for 2 hours on the grill and I have no idea how much propane we have left and of course we wanted to grill them, we were supposed to be having a BBQ. Well they turned out fantastic so of course make them again because, I am a meat girl. Well I made them today and again they turned out good. The funny part is watching my 1 year old eat them. I of course cut the meat off the bone and cut it up, he sees my plate, reaches over and grabs a rib and digs right in. I wish I look a picture of him covered in BBQ sauce. He loved them. It's so fun to see kids discover something new.

1 comment:

Tara Rickards said...

You have always been an awesome cook! Send me the recipe!