Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ribs!

Tara, this one is for you and thanks Robin for the recipe.

This is a great way to cook those pork ribs that go on sale a lot! I like to grill, but these come out so tender if you slow cook them for the 8-9 hours required. They were really saucy and GOOD. Days like these where we have scouts and we are gone from the house, putting something in the slow cooker helps out!
Saucy Barbecued Ribs
3 1/2 pounds pork loin back ribs or spare ribs ( I use the country style ribs too)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup of water or we used 1/2 can of coke this gave a sweetness to the ribs
2/3 cup barbecue sauce
I threw in a bit of my favorite seasonings just to give it more flavor ...like garlic salt or powder. We also threw in the a special seasoning with peppercorns. You can add your favorite seasoning to this as well I don't think it will distract from the flavor.
Spray inside of 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray
Cut ribs into 2-3 rib portions. Place Ribs in slow cooker; Sprinkle with salt, pepper and other optional seasonings. Pour water or Coke into slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 8 hours or until the ribs are tender. Remove Ribs. Discard remaining liquid from the slow cooker.
Place ribs back in slow cooker. Pour Sauce over ribs to coat. (Depending on how many ribs you have we used 1/2 the bottle of BBQ sauce) Cover and cook on low for one more hour.

1 comment:

Tara Rickards said...

Thanks! I can't wait to try it!