
We were lucky to be able to have Devin get Christmas and the day after Christmas off (he actually has Saturdays and Sundays off this quarter) so we were able to go down to visit my family which was great. The kids of course got way too much stuff, which was appreciated but it was a lot. Well we left as soon as Devin got off work, so we were on the road by 3pm. We took Hwy 36 to I5 because I didn't want to deal with the traffic going over Donner Summit. It was still snowing but I don't think it was near as bad if we would have gone over Donner. We were able to make it to Red Bluff in 3 hours, and there was hardly anyone on the road. We finally got to Manteca by 10pm.
Since we are broke all the time, I decided to make my girl cousins little purses (the oldest is like 8 or 9). I felt like I was sewing all the time.

I don't really have any pictures from Christmas because my camera wasn't working that morning but we had fun. We got up and opened presents. We then went out to breakfast with my dad and then like always we went over my Aunt Francine's for dinner and like always, it was good. I look forward to tamales all year long.
I am very thankful that we were able to travel safe and to be able to spend some time with my family this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment