Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Day


I would like to say I slept in but I didn't. Our family likes to prepare for disasters and things like that, like making sure we are on top of our food storage and knowing how to use food storage. We also like to make sure we know how to cook our food outside if there came a time where we would have to live without power. Now we have a generator but we don't own our home so we don't have a transfer switch so it's kind of hard to hook it up to our home to power it. So today we had a dutch over dinner. Man the food was good, I made chili. Alicia made a peach cobbler which was really good. Kim make ribs and beans and cornbread and Aaron made Chicken soup. All was good. We went around tasting everything. Man we have some good cooks in this family.
And of course the kids love to love on thier Auntie Laura!

9 comments:

the jensens said...

you guys are so cute, I really want to get together, maybe you could show me how to sew! I'll see you sunday.

Christine Duerksen said...

Yeah, let me know when.

Katie said...

way cool.
I may have you teach a class in RS.

Katie said...

I love the look of the blog. Really cute!

Christine Duerksen said...

Thanks and we will see. My brother in law is the one that gets the coals going. I sit and watch.

Anonymous said...

Are you planning a big trip to Costco again after you get your refund? I'm going to be right there, too! Looks like you guys are really on top of things! Good for you :) I'm tryin'...

Christine Duerksen said...

Yeah, we try to keep getting things through out the year. We have been getting there. Our big purchase last year with the tax refund was a really nice wheat grinder. It has both the electric base and hand base. I love it.

sherrie said...

i love dutch oven cooking. tastes so good. you'll have to share your recipes.

Christine Duerksen said...

Hi Sherrie. At first I thought this comment was from Sherry Capell and then I noticed the spelling. I know, I love to cook in the dutch oven. I got one for Christmas so I am trying stuff out. I am thinking about posting recipes like my friend Katie does on her blog. I hope all is well with your family. Audrey is getting so big and she is so cute.